Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ready Eddie?

This is Eddie. He's my baby. I happened upon his mama birthing him in a field ten days before she was supposed to. He was such a wee little thing, all limp and blue. I stuck my fingers in his mouth and pulled out strings of mucous and whipped off my shirt (of all the times to be wearing an undershirt!) to clean him up and chafe some life into his little body. All the time I was babbling to myself. And his mama was yelling. And we were all covered in dirt and blood and goo. And I ran with him to the barn a'hollering "DickDickHeatherbabyBABY!!"

Poor boy couldn't see for the first three days and couldn't walk for six - but now look at him! Right as rain.

I love my Eddie.


5 comments:

brook said...

oh...my...GAWD! When you tell him he is your baby and he happily agrees I almost died.
He is adorable.

Great job, Tara!

lalove said...

I love him too!

(I watched it twice already)

Alina Klein said...

Oh boy, we've been watching over and over. More videos!

jrn said...

you've just injected a whole lot of urgency into my alreadyurgent and longstanding desire for goats of my own. also i love this blog. and what you're doing with yourself.

Anonymous said...

I could suggest taking my neonatal resusitation course, but it sounds like you did just fine. Maybe I'll send you a certificate. The kid IS cute.