Monday, September 8, 2008

mealking

Milking the goats is such a pleasure.
Let me walk you through it.




What I see:
goat butts.
(many many many of them)






Let's try that again, a little closer:







What they see:






Hey girls!
They eat and enjoy the view while I milk them and try desper- ately to catch their many poohs in a bucket so they don't scatter across the floor and get trampled into the concrete which I then have to scrub.





Eat up girls.
Make more milk.




cute, eh?
The one in the center, peering around the post is Truffles. She's not the brightest light in the barn, but she makes up for it with sheer mulishness. Hi Truffles!

3 comments:

Anna said...

oooh, exciting. especially the bucket part. :)

lalove said...

can you believe that, after sitting in an office for ten hours today, I find myself jealous of a goatherd?

I want to stare at goat butts!

Anonymous said...

That truffles... I wish i could meet her in person.