Friday, September 5, 2008

and a banana

Food Abhorrence Warning: This post contains extensive reference to bananas. May contain nuts.

I can already envision the day, sometime in the future, when I will look back fondly upon my Hawaii experience and be reminded of...bananas.

I am immersed in bananas. Bananas punctuate my existence. It's true. To illustrate, I have written a short interactive essay entitled "My Existence"--for which your only task is to insert a banana wherever you see punctuation. Any punctuation. (Apostrophes voluntary). When you reach the end, please put down your pencils and have a banana.


"My Existence"

Well it's another lovely day on the Hawaii Island Goat Dairy. The ladies have been milked; the babies fed. Although it has been a long morning, it is not yet time for that second cup of tea. First I must unload the hay from the truck, then I shall have my cuppa. And maybe a biscuit. After tea my chores for the day include: mucking the small pens, remulching the garden, planting some tomatoes, and messing with Otis. But what I'm really looking forward to is trying my first batch of goat yoghurt at noontime! (Maybe I'll make a smoothie). Either way, at 4:00 I get to "dip cheese" and thereafter the evening is mine! Maybe I'll pack dinner into my tainted Camelbak and go for a stroll... ..


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bananas....shudder...

Go back to telling us about the camel-pak. That was far less gross.