Thursday, November 6, 2008

i win

If there is a "stinkiest helmet in the whole wide world" contest, I win.

My helmet smells like cheese. In that way of "things-that-are-not-supposed-to-smell-of-cheese smelling of cheese." In that "bad" way.

I am also considering entering the "moldiest bar tape in the Pacific" category. I think I would do very well.

Hawaii is not really the best place for a healthy self-image. At least for me. Wherever I go my nose is constantly encountering fetid odours. And my mind is constantly questioning "is that me?" Some may call this paranoia, but I have several factors working against me.
1) I work and live on a farm. A veritable olfactory factory. In that "bad" way.
2) Hawaii is a humid place. Everything is musty. Everything is moldy. You can use a dish rag once. ONCE. Before it stinks to high hell.
3) I don't have any deodorant.


But my hair is truly amazing. Until, that is, I put on my helmet.

2 comments:

brook said...

remember that time at CG when you smelled the rotten milk? HA!
having a nose is a great gift.

carl said...

Does your carnival-colored bag also smell like cheese? You want I should send you some deodorant? Something from Whole Foods? Dr. Bronner's Cheddar Rub. Or perhaps something fruitier.

johnc