Sunday, October 5, 2008

yick

Sometimes, when I wake up in the night, I pretend I can't hear the little rustlings and shushes coming from my kitchen (which is my bedroom, which is my house). Because I don't want to think about all those HUMONGOUS cockroaches shuffling across my countertop, (and probably into my fruit bowl, and probably over my clean dishes, and probably inside my silverware drawer, but NOT on my toothbrush. I'll tie the damn thing from a string in the middle of my trailer if I have to).

The other night I awoke to a clacking sound, and got to chase a rat off of my porch. It was trying to capitalize on my macadamia nut forages.

A rat. Read it backwards and it spells "tar A."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got bit by a cockroach once in Mexico. I didn't think that was someting cockroaches do, but it did. I just thought you would like to know that. Sweet dreams.

Keri said...

A rat... I love you

Alina Klein said...

Yeah, and if you spell the rest of your name backwards it spells
arab oB.

Big brother is watching you...