Tuesday, February 3, 2009

my sweet

This is Coriander. One of my favorites (Shhh. Don't tell the others). When I go into the pasture to pick oranges (of which I probably eat seventeen a day - poor, poor teeth) she follows me around prodding at me with her nose. As soon as I pick an orange and place it in my bucket she sticks her head in the bucket, removes the orange, and drops it on the ground. Then she gives me a look of deep consternation as if to say, 'What are you playing at? I can't eat that.' This goes on for some time. Orange into the bucket. Orange out of the bucket. Consternation. Orange into the bucket. Orange out of the bucket. Consternation.

When I have done, and all of my dewy oranges are now covered in mud, I replace them into the bucket and, on my way out of the field, stop at a macadamia nut tree to pull a branch to within Coriander's reach. She'll chew on it for as long as I stand there holding it for her, and always looks a little shocked when I let go.

She is such a princess.

She is so cute.

Here she is, having just gotten her vaccines, enjoying a special treat.

Cutest. Thing. Ever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of your goat. I long to be held in place and fed tasty items, and I also long to follow you around removing the oranges from your bucket stealing your macadamia nuts. And, like your goat, I would like to do it naked. Goats get all of the fun.

brook said...

She is darling! The way her chewing ceases while she smells her friend and then begins again.

I can understand why you're pals.

Keri said...

That's what tara did to me when we first met. Love at first sniff.